- Cookie dough, to then be frozen in rolls, or even better cut up rolls. The butter and sugar cream BEAUTIFULLY in this heat!
- Pizza bases, to then freeze... whip up a batch of dough, shape them into the best shape to maximize oven space, spread them with a lovely layer of tomato paste and freeze. As soon as frozen, double wrap them and put them in the freezer. I'm liking making them to the size of my gallon ziploc bags - super easy to freeze them in!
- Soaking & dehydrating grain. Dehydrating anything actually. Just find a nice spot outside to plug in the dehydrator and off you go. We're chopping up 5kg of onions tonight, to dehydrate for future use in casseroles and the like.
- Crumble Mix... it only takes a few minutes to whip up crumble mix, for topping fruit crumbles in the cooler months. I like to make up about 2L or so, of it and keep it in a container in the freezer. Makes dessert 'easy as', as soon as this heat goes!
- Chilled cheesecake! This warm weather makes the smoooothest cheesecake blend! Bring the cream cheese to room temp before whipping it up, or sit it in the sun as I do, for a couple of hours. The end result is oh soooo smooth. Delish!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Hot Weather Food Preparations
Hot weather is no good for cooking up a good old roast BUT after all these years, I am at last, finding a few things that are worth doing in the heat! I'm finding I can still keep busy in the kitchen, but without heating everything up. It's great!