Friday, December 3, 2010

No Longer A 'Mystery Vine Thingy'

A lovely neighbour came over to introduce herself last week and told me of 3 fruit 'trees' we have that I didn't know about.... one being the 'Mystery Vine Thingy' out the back....

It's A KIWI FRUIT VINE!!!

And it's growing LOADS of these cute little Kiwi... all around an inch long at the moment!

How cool is that!?!?!

Now... just one QUESTION... if we're going to have buckets of Kiwi fruit, what else can one do with them other than eat them fresh or put them on a Pav?

.

3 comments:

  1. My in laws have had fun discovering fruit plants in their yard over the years. They have passionfruit, and those weird limes you use in chinese recepies. Just this year they found something... I think it was like starfruit or dragonfruit or something, but it was almost dying so I don't think we will see any this year.

    You could make a kiwifruit sorbet, or... um, yeah. I think you might be eating a lot of fresh kiwifruit for awhile :D Everything I can think of is just a variation on eating them fresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! My Dad made kiwifruit wine one year. You could try kiwifruit jam or jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never seen the fruit on the tree before! That is very beautiful! My husband will like to see this! We only eat kiwi fresh, sorry I'm not more creative.

    ReplyDelete