Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tonight's Dinner

 

My all in one beef crockpot stew :o) Changes a little every time but this is today's version!
1.2kg rump steak, 1 onion, 2-3 cups butternut pumpkin, 200g mushrooms, 1/2 red capsicum, 1kg carrot chunks, 2c chicken broth, 2 cups zucchini, 1/2 jar of tomato passata, 3 potatoes (one diced so it will fall apart and thicken the casserole, 2 in large chunks), 2 tsp Celtic sea salt and 1 beef stock cube (Massel). All in a 6L crockpot for the day. Thinking I might put some more mushrooms in once it cooks down a bit and will probably add a cup or two of green beans about 2 hours before the end of cooking.


4 comments:

  1. My family love these sort of meals! WE use the crock pot a lot especially on busy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helps the sanity of the household on a busy day, doesn't it!

      Delete
  2. Hi Joyfulmum, I got your 1 comment by email but it hasn't shown up here - odd! Looks like 2 comments were lost but I didn't see the first

    so in reply to: ok I think I just lost my comment:(
    looks yummy! do the zucchinis come out ok and not too mushy by adding them at the start? I only use our slow cooker over winter so will have to keep this one in mind for then!

    The seeded part of the zucchini falls off and just becomes a part of the thickening of the stew. The outer part inc skin is soft but not too mushy.... you could put it in after 2 hours if you wanted it firmer but it would be too firm for my liking if it went in when I put the frozen beans in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea not sure what happened to my comments! Thanks for the answer will keep that in mind:)

    ReplyDelete