Thursday, June 7, 2012

Today's Lunch

Might just  be the best ever cauliflower cheese bake I've ever made!

before baking

Smells amazing, kids are all loving it... think I'll add it as a regular to the winter lunch menu. I don't know what made me think of doing it as a meal - till now it's always accompanied a main meal, like a roast dinner. Successful enough today for it to be a regular lunch meal on it's own.

Today's sauce was made with a spelt flour roux but next time I think I'll try it with almond flour, to keep it grain free and hopefully that will work out just as well

(I waaaant soommmmmmmmeeee!)


3 comments:

  1. You can have some next week~!! :o) Great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, looks great. You are doing well to get the children liking it. Cauliflower being one of those veg that not everyone likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes agreed! I think we do pretty well on the vegies here. Timothy has decided he doesn't like peas. That was then followed by mushrooms and then beans. He's now back liking peas and I'm feeding him any meal that he can see beans and mushrooms in to save the fight. Hopefully that will cure him the way it did the peas! (He use to love all vegies so I'm not sure what happened there!!)
      Generally we do quite well with vegies here. If I'm introducing something new I talk about how I LOVE it but there's not enough for me AND them, but I'm letting them have it as it's so good for them that I need to let them and hopefully next time I'll make enough for all of us. That seems to set them up with a mind to like what's on offer.
      Generally I don't give them things I don't like but that list is not too long... brussel sprouts, egg plant... and I can't think of anything else to add to that list at the moment so it can't be too many all up!

      Delete