Friday, January 15, 2010

More Planning Required


We've been back at our bookwork for a week now, which has been great as it's showing me the 'holes' I need to work on! Well, one actually. I need to do more planning. On a daily basis.

See the picture above? Guess which day was more productive and smooth and the least stressful? Yes - the one with more planning done first!
The left hand column is the most important. That's where I estimate our time usage for the day and it keeps us on track but is loose enough that we're not rushed as we go about the day. Sooo much time is wasted when I don't do this. Some may be able to function productively without this sort of planning, but I am NOT one of them!

So from now, I commit to planning daily, preferably the night before. This will increase our productivity and decrease stress. Not to forget of course, that it's also good stewardship of the time my Lord has given me!

What about you? I'd love to hear how you manage time - are you one of the lucky ones who just manages to fulfill all responsibilities each day or do you need to list and/or schedule? What works best for you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am a planner! My days are so much more productive when I have written out what we are doing each day and for how long. In doing this we cover the subects and books we are reading.

    Good post! xxx

    ReplyDelete