Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year?

aah, so many blog posts going around and around my head... I'm still chewing the whole Christmas thing at the moment... might come back to it at some point, this year or next.

Happy New Year  though?

no, that's not my greatest wish or desire for you my friends.

Instead I hope and pray your year will be your most godly year yet - that, is my deepest desire for my family and I. And I can wish for you no less.

If happiness comes as well, wonderful - but may it not come instead, that would be most.... sad.

Seek FIRST the kingdom of God

Consider what areas of your life you are holding onto that really ought be God's.... our God is HOLY and this is too often underestimated and pushed aside with the 'theology' of God's sense of humour... behaving as we like and brushing it off as allowable because of God's sense of humour... or we just do as we feel like and refuse to align it with His holiness... thinking the way we live is fine because it's 'not as bad as it could be'.

We are exhorted to fill our minds with things that are of God
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
(and thus, not other things)

What of your TV viewing needs to go? reading? internet browsing? hours in the day? thought life?
What needs to be added in?

Living a 'smidge' above the standards of the world is easy. God doesn't call us to that standard though.

I pray that you may have a hugely challenging year, as you measure your standard instead against God's holiness and not the filth in the world.

May happy not be your goal... let that be something God might add when you live the goal of holiness... godliness...
May you walk every step of 2011 right with Him, who created you and I, for His glory.

.

1 comment: