Saturday, January 15, 2011

Treasured Moments

 

This week's treasured moments (click on the picture about to find out more, read others' and to join in yourself!)


1. Doing the grocery shopping with Melinda (8.5) I could do it so much faster by myself but deliberately take her of an evening to enjoy being out together. As a bonus, it teaches her some home management skills LOL
I love that when I whisper to her 'do you want to come shopping with me tonight?' that her eyes light up.

2. I love baking from scratch... and I have some to do today too... white choc and macadamia cookies (Thanks Jen, I'll go get that recipe shortly!) as a rare treat, a loaf of bread and a home made chicken loaf because we prefer to avoid processed meats. I love seeing the results and enjoying the smell of fresh home baked goods

3. I love learning new ways of being a better home maker, educator, wife and mother. Especially through reading. The book I am working through at the moment is 'Homeschooling with a meek and quiet spirit'. Love the light bulb moments that come with learning and the chance to keep on at it till I'm where I want to be.

4. I am so glad we have sunshine again because I love listening to the children's happy voices as they play outside - they're just not the same when inside... different types of fun happen. When outside they forget I can hear them and get much more involved in role play etc. Nathaniel and Timothy in particular have a great sense of mischief and an often hilarious imagination.

5. I love planning FUN... like this week's surprise party and this next week my sister and I are going shopping on Friday evening with Melinda who needs some clothes... a fun girls night starting with dinner. Very much looking forward to that - love spending time with my sister... I can see this happening again and again over the years as Melinda grows up.

What about you? What have you been enjoying?

.

1 comment:

  1. Narelle

    Lots of treasured moments!:)
    Shopping with girls is so much fun.
    Meek and quiet spirit was life changing for me, really helped me.

    ReplyDelete